Thursday 11 December 2014



Check mark in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Reports

I created a new and simple report on Item table with the following dataset:
Untitled1
In the layout design, I used a table control to display the data in the body section and I used a text box control to show the title of the report in the header:
untitled2
Note: To learn how to use a table control see the video: How to: Build a simple list report in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 
I saved the report and ran it. In the report preview, boolean field values were shown as True/False instead of check mark!
Untitled3
To show the Boolean field as Check mark, I went back to the layout designer and did the following changes:
1. Opened the text box properties for the Boolean field (CostIsAdjusted) and inserted an expression for the value field as shown below:
I changed “=Fields!CostIsAdjusted_Item.Value to =IIF(Fields!CostIsAdjusted_Item.Value,Chr(254),Chr(168))
Untitled4
2. Changed the font to Wingdings for the Boolean field only:
Untitled5
After these 2 changes, I saved the report and ran it. The preview now displays check marks for Boolean field values:
Untitled6
:)
More about Microsoft Dynamics NAV reports

16 comments:

  1. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! Microsoft CRM Credit Card Processing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Credit Card Processing

    ReplyDelete

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 – Simplified Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 is much more simpler and easier for the end users to work more ef...